In the 9th century, a community of monks founded an abbey where the relics of St. Laumer were worshipped. In the 12th century, building work began on a new church, in a transitional style midway between Romanesque and Gothic. The chancel has ribbed vaulting and ogival vaulting of an early design. The 13th-century nave is representative of the Gothic style developed in Chartres. In 1791, the monks left the abbey and it was renamed St. Nicholas in memory of a nearby church that had been destroyed.
Rue Saint-Laumer, 41000 Blois